Saturday, July 19, 2008

blah...

Listening to:  The Northern Pikes
 
Well, it has been raining non-stop for the last 5 hours and is showing now signs of stopping.  I made a runner to make it to the dining hall, but other than that, my Friday night plans are pretty much kiboshed.  Oh well, I'm tired anyways.  Class has been pretty full on for the past few days.  I have been up front a lot and it is draining since the classroom is so hot.  For some reason, there is very little air movement in there, and it just heats up (body-heat as well as solar oppression).  So, it's probably best that I just go to bed anyways. 
 
Its not all bad, though.  A great thing happened today, though.  Ice Cream!!  Well, sort of.  More like an icy sorbet, really, but it made me smile.  When people ask me what I miss from home, I usually reply, nothing.  I honestly, don't think about Canada too much.  I'm too busy enjoying life here.  I don't even know if I can say that I miss ice-cream, but I sure do love it and when I get a chance, it sure great!
 
Well, I don't have much of anything to say (as evidenced by my writing about dessert).  Here's an idea... What do you want to know about?  If you are reading this blog, what are your questions?  What do I not explain fully?  What are you curious about? 
 
Well, the internet is out due to rain, so I guess I'll send this off in the morning. 
 
OK - it is now 11:45 the next day and it is STILL RAINING!!!!  Ok - not entirely true.  It did stop this morning for about 2 and a half hours, but the internet didn't come back.  I'm glad that they at least have a generator here so that we're not without electricity too.  Not long ago, I took my bike out to get a spoke changed, but left it with the mechanic, telling him I'd be back in an hour.  Now it is raining so hard that I can't even hear the music on my computer!  I might wait a while before attempting to get my bike back.
 
A good day to read a book and enjoy the cool air!
 
quote for the day:                       Oh, the water...  Oh, the water
                                                     Oh, the water...  Hope it don't rain all day
 
                                                                    -Van Morrison:  And it stoned me.

 

No comments: